Thursday, April 17, 2008

Imagine

I'm taking a break from Joseph for a bit. I took this photo this weekend of my (new) favorite spot. Isn't it gorgeous? It reminded me of something....


Gk paradeisos; of Persian origin (enclosure): a park, a garden, a paradise.


Imagine being the second man:

And one of the criminals who were hanged there was hurling abuse at Him, saying, "Are You not the Christ? Save Yourself and us!"

But the other answered, and rebuking him said, "Do you not even fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation?

"And we indeed justly, for we are receiving what we deserve for our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong."

And he was saying, "Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom!"

And He said to him, "Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise."

3 comments:

Holly said...

The photo was taken in Brookgreen Gardens, Murrells Inlet, SC. If you go there, please say hi to my favorite spot.

Jackie said...

That picture looks like a painting in an art gallery, it's so beautiful.

Holly said...

Thanks, Jackie. That's such a beautiful place. Brookgreen Gardens is really a sculpture garden, and there's lots of man-made art there, but it was the natural beauty that made me stop in my tracks.

It's hard to tell in the photo, but there were three 250-yr-old oak trees, and the spanish moss was blowing in the breeze. It instantly made me think of being with the Lord in Paradise.